Recommended MIME type for RSS 2.0
Bill Kearney
2006-03-31 17:59:59 UTC
Before I do, if anyone can think of any reasons why these two formats
should not be married together in holy MIME type, speak now or forever
hold your peace.
Seeing as how it's already a de facto standard, I see no reason not to move
forward on the idea.

-Bill Kearney
Syndic8.com
Sam Ruby

- Sam Ruby
Sean Lyndersay
2006-03-31 19:57:38 UTC
+1

2006-04-01 01:32:45 UTC
And I don't think combining forces
with RSS-DEV is going to help much either.
No harm in applying, and I don't want to be pesimistic, but I think you
need
to be realistic about your chances of success.
You might actually want to ask before making those assumptions.
I definitely think we should apply and see what happens (assuming the
two groups support the attempt).
I'd be willing to support the use of something independent, like a purl URL.
A discussion could be held to setup the necessary redirect from it.
Officially application/rss+xml wouldn't identify RSS 2.0
documents, but documents conforming to this new profile (which could cover
both RSS 2.0 and RSS 1.0). In reality people will continue to use it for
any
old RSS feed, but that doesn't matter. At least it would be registered.
Indeed, the win lies in getting the i's dotted and the t's crossed, if only
for folks that find that sort of thing relevant.

-Bill Kearney
Syndic8.com
Bill Kearney
2006-04-01 01:32:36 UTC