RSS Feed not loading on IE
anandjoshi_in
2005-09-28 18:57:00 UTC

I am new to RSS and desperately need some help. I 've created an RSS
feed and placed it on BEA server. I am able to view the feed using
FeedReader. Also able to open it up using Netscape/Fire Fox.

The problem is that when I hit rss url using IE nothing happens, The
xml does not load.

pls help

thanks,
anand

Yahoo! Groups Links

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Phil Shaw
2005-09-29 06:27:39 UTC
Post by anandjoshi_in
Hi,
I am new to RSS and desperately need some help. I 've created an RSS
feed and placed it on BEA server. I am able to view the feed using
FeedReader. Also able to open it up using Netscape/Fire Fox.
The problem is that when I hit rss url using IE nothing happens, The
xml does not load.
You should validate your feed here:

http://feedvalidator.org/

If you want help from this group, please post a public URL for your
feed.

--
http://www.codestyle.org/ Web font statistics and developer FAQs
http://www.metacentric.net/ Automated news feeds for your Web site

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
a***@public.gmane.org
2005-09-29 13:26:19 UTC
hi phil,

Here is the URL for the feed

http://www.thomson.com/rss/thomson_corp.xml

-anand
Post by anandjoshi_in
Hi,
Post by anandjoshi_in
The problem is that when I hit rss url using IE
nothing happens, The
Post by anandjoshi_in
xml does not load.
http://feedvalidator.org/
If you want help from this group, please post a
public URL for your
feed.
--
http://www.codestyle.org/ Web font statistics and
developer FAQs
http://www.metacentric.net/ Automated news feeds
for your Web site
Yahoo! for Good

James Holderness
2005-09-30 23:26:24 UTC
I suspect it's not showing up in Internet Explorer because there is no
Content-Type HTTP header, so IE doesn't know what to do with it.

In addition, if you've run it through the feed validator, you'll notice
there are several other errors in the feeds itself, namely incorrect date
formats (ISO 8601 instead of RFC 822) and invalid links (unescaped spaces,
commas, apostrophes - there may be others).

Jeremy Wong
2005-10-29 15:20:45 UTC
Sorry for my late reply.

The forthcoming IE7 supports RSS 2.0 and claims to support RSS 1.0.
I prepare RSS feed in 3 versions: RSS 2.0, RSS 1.1, RSS 1.0. The
result comes out that IE 7 supports RSS 2.0 well (of coz...) while
it fails to render my RSS 1.1 and RSS 1.0 documents.

In the help message of IE 7, it claims that IE7 supports RSS 2.0,
RSS 1.0 and RSS 0.91.
Hi,