Validator Voodoo?
Clinton Gallagher
2007-05-28 21:26:44 UTC
I'm getting results from the W3 validator [1] I don't understand. I
understand what the error message says as it infers the Dublin Core
namespace is incorrect but I get the same results when that namespace is
removed.

Could somebody submit the test cases to the W3 validator?

* http://metromilwaukee.com/testRSS-1.xml
* http://metromilwaukee.com/testRSS-2.xml

And then explain what the validator is attempting to tell me so I can get
valid results?

<%= Clinton

[1] http://validator.w3.org/
Klaus Johannes Rusch
2007-05-28 22:29:38 UTC
Post by Clinton Gallagher
Could somebody submit the test cases to the W3 validator?
* http://metromilwaukee.com/testRSS-1.xml
* http://metromilwaukee.com/testRSS-2.xml
And then explain what the validator is attempting to tell me so I can get
valid results?
The W3C validator at http://validator.w3.org/ handles HTML and XHTML
but not RSS.

As the validator homepage states, there are other services for
validating content syndication formats, including one provided by the
W3C at http://validator.w3.org/feed/ and http://www.feedvalidator.org/
(which look surprisingly similar :-))
--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch-***@public.gmane.org
http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/
Clinton Gallagher
2007-05-29 19:10:11 UTC
<snip />
Post by Klaus Johannes Rusch
The W3C validator at http://validator.w3.org/ handles HTML
and XHTML but not RSS.
As the validator homepage states, there are other services
for validating content syndication formats, including one
provided by the W3C at http://validator.w3.org/feed/ and
http://www.feedvalidator.org/ (which look surprisingly similar :-))
--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/
That explains that Klaus thanks. Two more quick questions persist: Is there
an XML validator on the web that shows the source that was validated? -- and
-- Would you know why the HTML generated by the validators we've just
discussed wrap HTML alt attribute text in brackets, e.g. alt="[Valid RSS]"?

<%= Clinton